Western Instruments WC-6 Premium Compact AC Magnetic Yoke, 0 to 11", 115V
Price: $ 650.00
Our most popular AC Yoke due to its lightweight and ease of handling.
Comfortable ergonomic grip, Grounded solid state switch, Sealed Switch cover, Rugged strain relief
Optional UL/CSA Approval
The Western Instruments WC-6 Compact AC Magnetic Yoke uses Western Instruments' WC-Series Platform, which is utilized in all the WC-Series models. This Platform design is similar to our standard W-Series Platform, but far more compact, with the Urethane Rubber housing providing superior durability in rugged environments. This construction versatility is possible through our advanced Mechanical, Electrical, and Solid State Electronics designs. These designs permit the WC-Series to use our standard low profile sealed membrane activation switch, continuing our philosophy for operator safety, as the switch has a grounding provision and conducts less than 1/2 watt of power. All W-Series Yokes have more height between the operator's hand and the workpiece, which means faster inspections due to a larger view of the target area. All these advancements permit all our AC Yokes to have a 100% duty cycle!
The ergonomically designed grip, combined with WC-Series light weight, reduces operator fatigue and strain which permits longer and more thorough inspections. The compact design allows the WC-6 to fit into tight spaces, better than our full size W-Series models. Combined with our Universal Articulating Pole Pieces, the WC-6 can be fit to almost any configuration of work piece. Like all W-Series products, the Power Cord Strain Relief system is the most durable in the industry, but on the WC-6 the Strain Relief can be directed up or down, permitting even better access to confined spaces, or simply just for operator preference.
Conducting Magnetic Particle Inspection with an AC field is the fastest and easiest way to find surface cracks and other discontinuities. The AC field provides maximum magnetic particle mobility, which causes particles to migrate quickly and congregate at defects. Furthermore, to demagnetize the part, the operator simply keeps the unit activated while pulling the yoke off the work piece.
- Light Weight
- Comfortable Ergonomic Grip
- Grounded Solid State Switch
- Sealed Switch Cover
- Rugged Strain Relief
- Urethane Rubber Encapsulant
- Optional UL/CSA Approval
|Voltage||115 and 230 VAC Nominal|
|Current||3.5 Amps (115V), 1.8 Amps (230V)|
|Cord Length||8', 3-18 SOW|
|Lift||10 pounds (4.6kg) minimum|
|Capacity||0 to 11 (280mm)|
|Weight||6.5 Pounds (3Kg)|
- Weld Inspection
- Pressure Equipment
Portable MPI Yoke Inspection Kits
- Western Instruments' Yokes are offered in a wide variety of configurations, more than any other manufacturer of Portable Yoke Kits. No matter the need, Western's Kits are offered in Dry Method, Wet Visible Method (Black or White), or Wet Fluorescent Method. The End User simply chooses his Yoke, and his model of Kit, and they arrive in the same custom Carrying Case.
Western Instruments W-PPS Portable Inverter Power Supply
- The W-PPS (W-PPSK) is a Portable Power Supply designed to operate any of Western Instruments standard AC or AC/DC Yokes. The W-PPS is equipped with an appropriately sized Battery, Battery Charger, and Inverter which should be used within the parameters in the manual.